How to Practice – Begin
The Chinese philosopher said, “Even the longest journey must begin where you stand.”
1. Open the case or sit down at the piano. Progress begins when you are at your instrument. Often beginning is the hardest part.
2. Play scales or warmups to settle your mind and fingers.
3. Continue etudes and other assigned music.
4. Review something you know well.
5. End with a piece you really love to play.
Bonus idea: if space permits, leave your music out and ready so it is easier to begin the next time.