How to Practice – Try a New Piece
1. Check the key signature. Do you know how it is going to affect your position?
2. Check the time signature. What kind of note gets one count.
3. Are there any tempo indications?
4. Figure out what it takes to play the first few measures. Try them out.
5. Continue slowly throughout the piece.
6. Play it again, marking anything that sounds suspicious.
7. Is your rhythm correct?
8. Practice it a few more times.
Miriam Troxler resides in Beaver, Pa, where she runs a private music studio.
After graduation from Chatham University, she toured in Europe with the Continental Singers Orchestra as principal cellist. A long time member of Greenville Symphony Orchestra, she is also the founder and musical director of CelloBrationS. Miriam enjoys composing and arranging with several published pieces to date.
This entry was posted in point contest
, question corner
and tagged bass
, music education
, point contest
. Bookmark the permalink